Last updated April 30, 2020
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect the following types of information:
Personal Contact Information that allows SIRC to contact individuals directly, such as your first and last name, physical address, email address, and telephone number.
Professional Information, such as your company name and title.
Login Information for SIRC members to register and login to their accounts. Login Information typically includes an email address and password.
Contents of Your Communications with us.
Technical and Device Information collected automatically when you access the Site and use the Site and features. Such information typically includes your IP address, mobile device ID, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Information From Third Parties. If you register for a SIRC event using a designated third party service, such as Eventbrite, the service collects personal information, including Personal Contact Information and payment information, in accordance with its own policies and terms. SIRC collects certain personal information to manage your registration and communicate with you about the event, but SIRC does not collect or process any payment information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information collected from and about you to:
- Create and manage your account.
- Register you for and deliver e-mail updates, newsletters, and other information.
- Register you for and communicate with you about our events.
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries and requests.
- Provide membership services.
- Provide members with access to information.
- Conduct surveys and request feedback.
- Personalize your experience.
- Administer and facilitate use of the Site and our services.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to enhance and improve the Site and user experience.
- Protect our legal rights and the rights of others, maintain Site security, and conduct investigations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected from or about you in certain situations. Your information may be shared with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including Site hosting, database and server maintenance and security, file sharing, data analytics, event registration and communications, email delivery, customer service, and marketing assistance.
SIRC may also disclose your information (1) to safeguard our Site, intellectual property, users, or the rights of third parties, (2) to investigate violations of the Site Terms and Conditions, (3) as required or permitted by law or in response to a court order or legal request, or (4) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or transfer of assets of SIRC. SIRC will not otherwise share your information without your consent.
We and our analytics providers generally use the following types of cookies and other technologies, such as GIF files or web beacons:
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies help make a website navigable by activating basic functions such as page navigation. Without these cookies, the Site would not be able to work properly.
- Functional. These cookies are used to recognize you when you use the Site and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features.
Most web browsers allow you to set preferences about cookies you wish to accept. To control cookies on a device, consult your browser settings and follow the instructions. For information on commonly used browsers, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. Visit the Google Analytics website for information about how to opt out of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
If you remove or block cookies, you may not be able to use or access certain features. You should be aware that accessing the Site from a different computer or device, using a different browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and applications of interest, including advertisements and external services, that are not affiliated with SIRC. Once you have used these links to leave the Site, any information you provide to these third parties is subject to the third parties’ privacy practices and policies. Before visiting and providing any information to any third party, you should inform yourself of the third party’s privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services, or applications that may be linked to or from the Site.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to employ reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from marketing e-mail messages using the unsubscribe link provided in our marketing communications. We may continue to send certain non-commercial communications from time to time, however.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR EU RESIDENTS
The Site is hosted in the United States, where SIRC is located. The data protection laws of some countries, such as the United States, may not offer a level of protection equivalent to that within the European Economic Area (EEA). By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States.
If you are a resident of the EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 requires that we inform you of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal data. The legal bases for processing are set forth below.
- Consent. For example, we obtain your consent when you sign up to receive marketing e-mail updates from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time (for example, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing communications).
- Our legitimate business interests. For example, to perform data analytics, maintain system security, communicate with members and other users of the Site and respond to their questions, comments, and requests, conduct surveys, protect our rights and the rights of others, and improve the Site or SIRC’s services.
- Performance of a contract with you. For example, to provide members with products, services, and benefits they are entitled to receive and register members for events.
- Compliance with laws. For example, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or respond to a court order or legal request.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following rights with respect to our processing of your personal data, subject to certain exceptions:
- Request access to, or modification, correction, or erasure of, your personal data.
- Request that we restrict processing of your personal data (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or our processing is unlawful).
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another data controller.
- Lodge a complaint with a local data protection authority if you have concerns about our processing of your personal information. We request that you contact us first so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable laws and any relevant legal exceptions. Where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.